Following the discussion we had today, I feel particularly proud to be part of your Upward Bound experience. As we discussed, you are all part of something very special. You are all someone else's hope: hope for change, hope for progress, hope for the future. Here's an article that I found interesting and related to our discussion today. Extra credit opportunity for the first ten (same as last time).
http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2014/04/traditional-college-debate-white-privilege/360746/
I was not present last class although I can see that this article refers to reading #6. Though, this article is referring to race & our reading refers to gender.
ReplyDeleteThis is about the reading we discussed today in class. You missed it, but it was about race, white privilege, college, what you are doing here at Upward Bound. The link ties into these topics. What did you think of the article on this level?
DeleteHope you are feeling better :)
DeleteThe discussion that the class had yesterday really inspired me and show me a different point of view
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad to hear that Mia. You are a very bright young woman with a lot to contribute. That's why I throw questions your way every now and again. You are here (UB) because you have earned it. By the end of this experience I know you will look back on these weeks with great pride about your resiliency and the path you have chosen.
Delete